Growing Disciples for Redemptive Influence in today’s world.
We live in a rapidly shifting cultural context.
The number of people in our communities or workplaces who have any connection with the church, or any foundational understanding of the Christian story, is decreasing.
In this cultural context we need followers of Jesus who are deeply rooted in the Christian story, and able to:
- Embody the way of Jesus and witness to Jesus through their whole lives.
- Create tangible expressions of the way of Jesus, so that others in their context can touch, taste, see and experience what life with Jesus is like.
- Disrupt brokenness with redemptive action, creating real solutions to the challenges we face in society.
We need what the theologian Miroslav Volf referred to as a ‘’Thick Faith’’.
One that is firm and courageous, and encompasses all of life. Yet many of our current models for growing disciples were built for a different cultural moment.
To see a different kind of disciple, we need to re-imagine our approaches to growing disciples.
Come to Seed Summit in 2023. Together, using Seed’s Redemptive Design Framework, we’ll explore approaches to discipleship that make a tangible difference in our world.
Summit is not a conference.
Rather, we have intentionally designed 2 days for Christian changemakers to gather, grow and participate in redemptive design processes together.
Summit is a time to come together as a Seed community.
It’s an opportunity for us to spur each other on, growing deeper with Jesus, while also growing our individual and collective capacity to influence redemptive change in society.
Summit is an invitation-only event, and we would love for you to come and be with us, bringing all of who you are to the table, where we can be a blessing to each other.
DATES: 23rd November (9:30am) – 24th November (3pm) 2023
COST: $395 incl. GST
Includes: Accommodation, morning & arvo tea, lunch both days and dinner on Thursday evening.
LOCATION: Mary Mackillop Place, 7-11 Mount St, North Sydney NSW
- Registration – Welcome tea & coffee
- Session One – Collective Design Sprint – Growing Disciples for Redemptive Influence
- Morning Tea
- Session Two – Collective Design Sprint (continued)
- Session Three – Sector-specific Design Sprints – using Seed’s Redemptive Design tools
- Community time with cheese & wine
- Redemptive Changemaker Stories
- Session One – Formation: Growing ourselves for Redemptive Influence
- Morning Tea
- Session Two – Transformation Discipleship Practice workshops
- Session Three – Sector-specific Design Sprints (continued)
- Close of Summit
If you would like to nominate someone to come, please contact us.
What kind of accommodation is provided?
The standard conference price includes accommodation in a twin share room. You can nominate a guest to share with on registration. All rooms have an ensuite bathroom. If you require a wheelchair-accessible bathroom, please also indicate this via the relevant question when registering.
If you have selected a Non-Accommodation Rego option and want to stay close by then we can recommend the following options that are close to Mary Mackillop Place:
What is included in my Summit registration?
Summit is a residential experience and your Summit registration includes all sessions in the 2-day program designed to help you connect with other Christian changemakers, grow your capacity to create and participate in redemptive change in your context, and encourage others on their journey as well.
- 1 nights’ accommodation at the recently renovated Mary Mackillop Place Conference Centre (If you have selected a Non-Accommodation Rego option, this accommodation is not included)
Showcase Dinner & Drinks
All meals through to lunch on Friday
- Wifi pass
- Welcome pack
Parking and other transport to or from Summit is not included.
I’m unsure that I’m invited to Summit. How do I check?
If you have received an email directly from Seed about Summit, you can consider yourself invited! If you’ve heard about Summit by other means, please reach out to us directly to express your interest in being at Summit, or nominate someone who you think should be invited: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I get to Summit?
Public transport is very convenient for Summit with North Sydney Train Station located only a 5 minute walk away from Mary Mackillop Place along with bus stops along Pacific highway that are also a short walk. There is paid/timed parking on the surrounding streets.
I would love to come to Summit but the price is just out of range for me.
While we have taken measures to make Summit both an affordable and quality 2-day program, please get in touch at email@example.com if you are unable to afford the full cost of Summit. We would love for you to join us, and will do what we can to make that possible.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.